Service Care Solutions are looking for a Digital Connectivity Programme Officer to work as part of Local London is a partnership of 9 authorities. The Partnership are working together to enable and deliver digital connectivity across the sub-region. They have a strategic investment pot of £7.7m to deliver projects in each authority. There is a framework to deliver on this and the post-holder will need to make themselves aware of the framework for this programme. The role will initially be focused on ensuring that the programme is delivered successfully, on time and to budget.
The role will support the development and implementation of the local London digital infrastructure workstream. The programme involves 9 boroughs in total and will involve coordinating activity across the boroughs for reporting purposes as well as ensuring finances are managed and programmes within boroughs are delivered effectively. It is also about bringing boroughs together so they can access the digital framework effectively.
- Create, manage and monitor a schedule of work across multiple boroughs using suitable software systems
- Engage local borough digital leads to understand local delivery and provide information and monitoring information to the Digital Strategy Manger on progress
- Manage face to face and online engagement with local authority digital leads and facilitate engagement between authorities
- Produce reports for management showing progress on the delivery of digital infrastructure
- Create systems to support new initiatives that includes monitoring, delivery and reporting
- Identify and develop new opportunities relevant to support the delivery of digital connectivity in Local London, under the direction and review of the Digital Strategy Manager
- Work with the lead authority on the digital infrastructure framework ensuring they have the right level of information and engagement to ensure that the programme is delivered effectively
- Provide the Digital Strategy Manager with in depth project management support in leading the development and delivery of the digital infrastructure framework and ensure it is delivered on time and to value.
- To act as a key point of contact for external stakeholders from both the private and public sector.
- Assist the Digital Strategy Manager in identifying, developing and co-ordinating joint projects and funding bids for work, including operational engagement with London's other sub-regional partnerships
- To assist in the preparation and organisation of meetings of the Digital Borough leads, preparing briefing materials for Senior Leaders in local government and others on the progress of the delivery of the workplan.
- Provide secretariat support for meetings including co-ordinating diaries, circulating papers, taking notes and producing comprehensive minutes to be shared with internal and external parties.
- Develop and implement appropriate programme reporting and governance structures.
- Assist the Digital Champion to respond to correspondence and queries from Members, officers, and the general public on digital connectivity. As this is a high-profile initiative, the ability to adapt communication to audience is key.
- Possess proficient IT skills with the ability to use IT packages including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion please contact Chris Wheeler either via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01772208962. Alternatively if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested please feel free to refer them, as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.