We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Education Officer to join the Youth Justice Service team in Sheffield. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective liaison between the Youth Offending Service, the Local Education Service, schools, colleges and other education providers.
* Full time - 37 hours per week
* Initial 3 month contract
- Investigate educational absence within the YOS caseload and collaborate with initiatives that seek to work with local schools to prevent exclusions of young people from mainstream school and to assist reintegration back into education.
- Develop, oversee and utilise a range of ETE resources available to the Youth Offending Service for the educational reintegration and engagement of young people.
- Promote an understanding of the role and function of the Youth Offending Service, in order to maximise collaboration between the schools and Youth Offending Service.
- Identify the educational needs of young people which may be impacting on their offending behaviour.
- Commission services for young people in line with assessed individual needs and plans.
- Either qualification in Social Work (DipSW, Degree, CQSW, CSS or equivalent); Foundation Degree in Youth Justice; 2 years + police service; Probation diploma; Youth and Community Diploma; Nursing qualification; Teaching Qualification; Higher Level Teaching Assistant status; or equivalent experience.
- Post Qualifying experience of working with young people, their families / carers in either an Education, Youth Justice or Youth and Community Work setting.
- Experience of working in a multi-agency environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of promoting high levels of school attendance and of the techniques for doing so.
- Ability to identify and manage resources to assist young people to remain within their community.
- 37 hours per week.
- Initial 3 month contract.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic and supportive team.
If you are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of young people and meet the requirements for the role of YJS Education Officer, then we would love to hear from you.
If you would be interested in this role or any similar roles please do not hesitate to contact Emily @ Service Care on 01772 208964 or email email@example.com
Benefits of working for Emily @ Service Care Solutions:
- A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
- Exceptional referral bonuses
- An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
- Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
Note: Do you know someone who is looking for work in this field? If so, please pass these details on to them. If we are able to place them into work such as this, lasting over 13 weeks, we will happily pay you a £250 referral bonus