JOB TITLE: Emergency Accommodation Support Worker
CONTRACT TYPE: Temp
WEEKLY HOURS: 35 Hours
WORK PATTERN: 8am-4pm
To assist in delivering the accommodation support and activities service, the emergency accommodation provision for single homeless customers, ensuring quality of service and continuous improvement for customers. To ensure all policies, procedures and systems are complied with. Work with partners, local community, and customers to establish and maintain good relations and improve service experience overall.
- To seek to provide an environment which is supportive and provides an appropriate level of cleanliness and tidiness and to undertake other appropriate practical supportive tasks. These might include cleaning and tidying customer's rooms, making, and changing beds, cleaning of exceptionally dirty areas, preparing drinks and preparing soiled laundry for laundering.
- Remain alert to any issues that may occur, report any incidents or issues, and follow the appropriate procedures, including an understanding of safeguarding responsibilities by recognising concerns and reporting them.
- Ensure that appropriate needs, risk assessments and support plans are completed and reviewed within the procedural time frames.
- To carry out support services for customers to promote positive engagement and progression towards resettlement and move on.
- Previous employment or personal experience of providing care and/ or support to others.
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the Equalities Policies.
- Ability to keep accurate records, following administrative procedures and confidentiality guidelines.
- Awareness of professional boundaries and how to manage these.
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.