Service care solutions are recruiting for a "Engagement and Brand Communications Manager" for a Police force in Dorset. Please see below for more information please contact Lewis on 01772 208962.
Post: Engagement and Brand Communications Manager
Location: Middlemoor (line manager has said this role is for remote working they would need to be able to get to Middlemoor to collect their laptop, and have monthly or bi-monthly meetings).
Employing Force: Dorset
Start Date: ASAP
The purpose of the role is to advise and influence colleagues at all levels on the best communications and engagement approach for planned portfolio and geographic activities - including attending internal and external strategy meetings and advising senior officers, staff and partners on more complex issues, managing the implementation and governance of a dual Force Corporate Image Strategy and ensuring its consistent and effective use in all external communications activity including written products, digital material and signage:
- Manage and develop the team's communications and engagement activity, providing support and guidance.
- Produce and deliver an intelligence-driven and outcome-focused annual programme of strategic communication, awareness-raising and engagement campaigns to impact on crime and to support safeguarding across Devon & Cornwall and Dorset.
- Produce and deliver an annual corporate PR promotional calendar to generate positive publicity for operations, performance and initiatives via the media, the two Force websites and other traditional and new media mechanisms.
- Create and deliver the Force annual events management strategy to enhance public engagement with and support for the police.
- Manage and update stakeholder strategies to generate support for policing in Devon and Cornwall.
- Produce corporate literature/PR products aimed at the public, other stakeholders and partners to help reduce the fear of crime, increase accessibility to and understanding of policing services. Ensure all corporate products are of the appropriate standard for an external audience.
- Develop and maintain a database of promotional literature.
- Provide direction, consistency and guidance to all geographic communication and engagement activities.
- Lead on and develop engagement strategies across both Forces and geographically, directing geographic engagement officers where applicable
- Deliver the Force's social media strategy, including horizon scanning, stakeholder identification, engagement, social listening and 24/7 content generation.
- Work closely with partners to identify shared objectives and produce a joint delivery plan. This includes planning for areas of joint action and responsibility.
- Sit on relevant strategic meetings e.g. strategic tasking and delivery boards.
- Manage Force and localized events, linking in with and supporting OPCC activity as well as other partners.
Formal Qualifications required
- Education to graduate level
- Professional qualification in communications (IC, CIPR, CIM)