Service Care Solutions are Recruiting for a Engagement and Brand Communications Manager to work with a Police force in Dorset, it is a full-time, long-term contract. For more information or to apply please contact Lewis on 01772 208962.
The purpose of the role is to advise and influence colleagues at all levels on the best communications and engagement approach for planned portfolio and geographic activities.
Day to day
- Manage and develop the team's communications and engagement activity, providing support and guidance.
- Produce and deliver an intelligence-driven and outcome-focused annual programme of strategic communication, awareness-raising and engagement campaigns to impact on crime and to support safeguarding across Devon & Cornwall and Dorset.
- Produce and deliver an annual corporate PR promotional calendar to generate positive publicity for operations, performance and initiatives via the media, the two Force websites and other traditional and new media mechanisms.
- Create and deliver the Force annual events management strategy to enhance public engagement with and support for the police.
- Manage and update stakeholder strategies to generate support for policing in Devon and Cornwall.
- Produce corporate literature/PR products aimed at the public, other stakeholders and partners to help reduce the fear of crime, increase accessibility to and understanding of policing services. Ensure all corporate products are of the appropriate standard for an external audience.
- Develop and maintain a database of promotional literature.
- Provide direction, consistency and guidance to all geographic communication and engagement activities.
- Lead on and develop engagement strategies across both Forces and geographically, directing geographic engagement officers where applicable
- Deliver the Force's social media strategy, including horizon scanning, stakeholder identification, engagement, social listening and 24/7 content generation.
- Work closely with partners to identify shared objectives and produce a joint delivery plan. This includes planning for areas of joint action and responsibility.
- Sit on relevant strategic meetings e.g. strategic tasking and delivery boards.
- Manage Force and localized events, linking in with and supporting OPCC activity as well as other partners.
- Education to graduate level
- Professional qualification in communications (IC, CIPR, CIM)
- Proven track record of implementing PR and marketing strategies
- Ability to identify, map and manage a large number of stakeholder simultaneously
- Experience of working at a senior level within an organisation
- Proven experience of managing multi-agency issue-specific communication and engagement strategies
- Proven research and evaluation skills
- Experience of managing and developing people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills