Service Care Solutions are currently hiring for a 'Engagement & Brand Communications Manager' for a Police force in Dorset. Please see below for the job description and essential qualifications, for more information or to apply please contact Lewis om 01772 208962.
- The primary focus of this role will be to assist the wider Corporate Communications team in implementing the Force Engagement Strategy that builds trust and confidence in the communities we serve and supports our internal culture to inspire organisational ambassadors.
- The post-holder will be a technical advisor across all engagement mediums, internally and externally, supporting colleagues and stakeholder departments in how best to maximise engagement opportunities and embed the importance of utilising the right channels for the audience they are trying to reach.
- Being data and information led, the individual will bring together potential communication opportunities to our diverse communities to seize chances to engage on matters of mutual interest.
- The post-holder will provide day-to-day supervision for the Engagement Officer and Research Analyst within their cohort and deputise for the Head of Engagement as required.
- Lead on the implementation and delivery of the Force Engagement Strategy ensuring that what and how we communicate internally and externally is as effective as possible and in line with Force brand and identity.
- Tactically advise communication colleagues as well as stakeholders on how best to target their messages and engagement through data and insight.
- Maintain and nurture professional relationships with stakeholders, including colleagues of varying ranks and seniorities; external partners and media organisations.
- Horizon scan to identify potential creative communication opportunities that support the organisation's strategic vision and values to maintain or develop community confidence and engagement.
- Support communication colleagues in how best to evaluate communications and campaigns activity and support the Research Analyst in the delivery of a departmental performance framework.
- Raise standards of communication and engagement among colleagues through in-house training and consultancy; ensure that quality, consistency, legal considerations and brand management is maintained across multiple channels whether in-house, or externally-commissioned.
- Degree level qualification/equivalent professional experience in a relevant communications discipline such as Public Engagement, Social Media Marketing, PR, marketing communications.
- Significant experience of delivering a multi-platform, multi-audience engagement strategy that translates organisational strategy and culture internally and direct to communities.
- Understanding and/or experience of using consumer insight and segmentation software e.g. Acorn or Mosaic
- Evidence of using innovative techniques to target identified audiences and convert communications objectives into tangible outcomes
- Experience in planning, organising and delivering large scale in-person and virtual events