Croydon council are currently recruiting for a Family support worker
he post holder will work closely with Social Workers and Team Managers to help families using the Strengthening Families approach. By working collaboratively with children, young people and families in a family centred and holistic way, to ensure improved outcomes and life chances for children and families.
The post holder will be assigned to a social work team and will also work across the Family Assessment Service when the need arises. The team will undertake statutory assessments to identify targeted support and interventions that meet the diverse needs of the children, young people and families that live or access services within the service area. It will be necessary, on occasion to work with families in other parts of the borough to ensure timely access to services.
Specifically the role will require the Family support worker to:
* Contribute to the undertaking of assessments and service delivery for families who are identified as having children and young people in need of assessment, support and intervention.
* Support to children, young people and families with multiple and complex needs where intensive support is required and this will include undertaking direct work with children, young people and families during and after the statutory assessment of the family, which is led by a qualified social worker.
* Engage and undertake interventions with children young people and families to ensure improvements in their personal and family resilience and autonomy, improving outcomes and preventing escalation of issues
* To work as part of a statutory Social work team
* To deliver intervention that promotes improved care, social and family development to support the assessed needs of Children, young people and families to achieve their full potential.
*To use the Strengthening families approach as a framework to support families, children and young people access services within their community including early learning and schools.
* Significant experience and qualification in a relevant field which may include
Social care, Teaching, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Youth Work, Counselling, Probation, Health professions, Education, Early Years.
* Knowledge and understanding of recent research and evidence based practice in relation to working with children, young people and families
* Knowledge of evidence based approaches to direct and intensive work with families with babies, children and young people with multiple and complex needs.
* Knowledge of research and evidence base of factors that affect babies, children, young people and their families who are experiencing difficulties.
* Knowledge of tools and practice in relation to multi-agency team working including the use of multi-agency assessment tools
* Understanding of factors when assessing needs, risk and vulnerability and an understanding safeguarding risks when case needs to be stepped up or down.
* Knowledge of effective strategies and support packages that are evidenced to have improved the outcomes for families.
* Experience of making a significant contribution to the development of new services or ways of working, breaking down barriers where there is resistance and being solution focussed.
* Experience of developing and delivering parenting support and intervention programmes.
* Experience of working in diverse settings.
please call Delanie on 01772 208964 or email me your CV to Delanie.email@example.com