Croydon council are currently recruiting for a Family support worker
The post holder will work closely with Social Workers and Team Managers to help families using the Strengthening Families approach. By working collaboratively with children, young people and families in a family centred and holistic way, to ensure improved outcomes and life chances for children and families.
as a Family support worker you will be assigned to a social work team and will also work across the Family Assessment Service when the need arises. The team will undertake statutory assessments to identify targeted support and interventions that meet the diverse needs of the children, young people and families that live or access services within the service area. It will be necessary, on occasion to work with families in other parts of the borough to ensure timely access to services.
Specifically the role will require the Family support worker to:
* Contribute to the undertaking of assessments and service delivery for families who are identified as having children and young people in need of assessment, support and intervention.
* Support to children, young people and families with multiple and complex needs where intensive support is required and this will include undertaking direct work with children, young people and families during and after the statutory assessment of the family, which is led by a qualified social worker.
* Engage and undertake interventions with children young people and families to ensure improvements in their personal and family resilience and autonomy, improving outcomes and preventing escalation of issues
* To work as part of a statutory Social work team
* To deliver intervention that promotes improved care, social and family development to support the assessed needs of Children, young people and families to achieve their full potential.
*To use the Strengthening families approach as a framework to support families, children and young people access services within their community including early learning and schools.
Working with Service Care Solutions comes with many benefits, including -
- A specialist consultant within an experience and dedicated Social Work recruitment team
- Excellent rates of pay
- An extensive range of Social Work vacancies available throughout the UK
- Payroll service twice a week
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Delanie at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208964 or email Delanie.Heyes@servicecare.org.uk.
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed!