Get Safe Missing Officer needed with Worcestershire County Council
Start Date- ASAP
Location - Worcester
Duration - initially 3 months
Hours per week - 37 hours per week
Salary - £16 ltd an hour
- You will be responsible for completing timely Welfare Return Interviews for children and young people in Worcestershire, and Worcestershire children placed in out-of-county placements
- You will work closely and liaise with the child's allocated Social Worker or other services/professionals
- To be responsible for ensuring the city has a coordinated response to missing children
- To ensure missing return interviews are completed with young people
- To provide appropriate and specialist advice and guidance to other practitioners
- To assess levels of risk for issues that affect young people e.g. child sexual exploitation, gangs/youth violence, lack of educational engagement, to ensure effective support is provided in order to improve outcomes
What is required?
- Significant experience of direct work with children, young people and families
- Substantial and relevant experience in providing advice and support on matters in relation to missing children
- Experience of community development work
- Significant experience of conducting assessments of need in relation to children and families
- A level 3 qualification (e.g. NVQ level 3) or equivalent in a subject area related to working with children, young people and families
If you are interested please call Jemma Molloy on 01772 208964 or email me your CV - email@example.com
If this role isn't right for you, but you know someone who would fit perfectly to our engaged and devoted team and you refer them, you will receive a referral bonus of £250.
The benefits of working with SCS;
- A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
- Exceptional referral bonuses - £250 per referral placed in to work!
- An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
- Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
- Payroll service twice a week.
- Ltd and PAYE payment options available.
- Annual training budget of up to £250 and continued online CPD training.
- Excellent Annual Loyalty schemes / bonuses.
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.