A client within the Public Sector based in Greater Manchester is currently recruiting for a Head of Estates to join their team as soon as possible. The client is offering a full time, temporary position on an ongoing basis with the ideal candidate having experience of working within a local authority within a strategic property environment.
Key purpose of the role is to lead, plan, deliver and develop an expert professional Estates Service and to undertake management of Council services.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Plan and ensure service delivery within a complex and diverse service area by leading a team of staff and specialist consultant's ensuring professional standards are delivered.
- Manage responses and communication to complex professional or politically sensitive issues within the area of responsibility, including Councillors, residents, business owners and internal stakeholders.
- Significant budgetary responsibility for operation of the estates service and income targets (P&L) for the investment and non-operational assets.
- Ensure the successful implementation of legislation, policies and practices.
To be considered for this role you will require a relevant Degree such as, Surveying /Real Estate Management / Property Development & Valuation / Quantity Surveying & Commercial Estate Management or equivalent qualification. You will also require a full RICS Membership - any relevant pathway shall be considered such as General Practice, Valuation, Property Management
The below skills would be beneficial for the role:
- Evidence of leading and co-ordinating an estates or property department.
- Experience of planning & delivering effective estates services including valuation, property transactions, case work and projects.
- Experience of working on property matters that cut across service boundaries.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £350 - £500 per day Umbrella LTD Inside IR35.
How to Apply
If this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Amy at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967 to discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this role is not of interest to you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as we cover all construction-related vacancies across the region.
If this role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them. If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.