A client within the Public Sector based in Yorkshire is currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team as soon as possible. The client is offering a full time, permanent position with the ideal candidate having experience of working within a housing environment.
Key purpose of the role is to be responsible for providing complete advice regarding the health, safety and wellbeing of colleagues and providing assurance regarding the robustness of the organisations H&S management system.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide advice and support to managers to assist them in fulfilling their roles and responsibilities in regard to the management of health and safety risks;
- Support and assist managers to undertake accident investigations and root cause analysis reports;
- Support senior colleagues in the investigation of RIDDOR reportable events and high potential near miss events;
- Monitor loss events, near miss and hazard reports, to ensure that relevant actions are completed, trends identified and provide report and recommendations as required by various groups and committees to support continuous improvement;
- Coordinate with the clients insurance team to provide relevant documents to defend against personal injury claims and ensure trends/ lessons learnt are captured and reported to the OH&SC for action;
To be considered for this role you will require a minimum of NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, with demonstrable experience in a similar role; A Minimum of TechIOSH status working towards Graduate status as well as a Full driving licence for the UK.
The below skills would be essential for the role:
- Experience of working in a similar role at co-ordinator or advisor level;
- Relevant knowledge, demonstrable at interview, regarding H&S primary and secondary legislation. ACOPs and best practice;
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Power point
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £35,000 per annum with a £3,715 car allowance.
How to Apply
If this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Amy at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967 to discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this role is not of interest to you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as we cover all construction-related vacancies across the region.
If this role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them. If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.