Job Title: Health And Safety Technician
Hours: 36.25 hours per week
Type: Temp ongoing
Location: Leyland, PR25 (agile working between home and office)
Closing date: Friday 5th August
Our client are looking for a Health and Safety Technician to assist the Health and Safety Team in the delivery of an effective service through the provision of technical support, including the undertaking of assessments, inspections and investigations, and ensuring compliance with internal policies and legislative requirements
Job Role -
- Deal independently with general health and safety enquiries and provide advice and support in relation to the implementation of the health and safety policy. Undertake health and safety inspections and assessments.
- Co-ordinate and process the health surveillance and training programmes, including tests and exams and maintaining records and statutory and mandatory registrations. Coordinate any follow up actions. Assist in the development and delivery of toolbox talks.
- Maintain the accident and incident register and co-ordinate follow up actions, in line with agreed procedures and legislative requirements. Undertake minor accident investigations and ensure lessons learnt are implemented. Ensure all loss events are investigated
- Manage processes and activities that support day to day operations of the team, including maintaining plans, schedules and trackers related to programmes of work and coordinate and/or escalate follow up actions, in line with agreed procedures.
- Monitor employee changes and co-ordinate applicable activities within the team and the health and safety management system to ensure ongoing compliance
Candidate Requirements -
- Experience of working in a health and safety role including advising and applying health and safety legislation and undertaking assessments, inspections and investigations
- Appreciation of health and safety legislation and the benefits of good health and safety management
- Proactive and forward thinking approach to tasks and health and safety management. Take ownership of issues and tasks.
- Good organisational skills, including managing own time/workload and ability to complete tasks well to potentially conflicting deadlines
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Ryan at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org