Are you an experienced Healthcare Assistant/Support worker who has a passion for providing the best possible care to people who need a little help. Service Care Solutions are looking for these individuals to work in Somerset as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide compassionate care to service users within a low secure mental health unit. The unit also specialises in helping service users with learning disabilities such as autism.
If being a Support Worker is something you are passionate about then we would love to hear from you. You will be given the opportunity to learn new experiences and challenge yourself to provide the best possible care for service users. This is the perfect opportunity to work around existing jobs or begin your journey within the mental health field.
Pay Rates starting from £12 p/h with higher rates for weeknights and Weekends.
Day to day duties will include:
- Assisting Nurses and other healthcare professionals in delivering and developing treatment plans with patients
- Administering medication
- Making observations on behavioural changes with patients
- Supervising patients within the facility
- Completing risk assessments
- Maintaining comprehensive patient records ensuring these are kept up to date
The ideal candidates will
- Seek to develop supportive and collaborative partnerships with service users
- Display Leadership qualities
- Compassionate, honest and open
- Demonstrate a commitment to own learning and development
- Be a flexible team player and make a valuable contribution to the lives of service users
- Always safeguard service users from harm and is not afraid to blow the whistle on poor practice
- Always strive for the best and become an integral member of the team.
- PMVA Trained preferred but training can be provided
- ADhoc basis allowing fully flexible working pattern
The company you would be working is a large provider of mental healthcare across the Southwest. If you are interested in this role or want to find out more information, please contact Arran Fitchie on 01772208962 or email email@example.com