A client within the Public Sector based in South Yorkshire is currently recruiting for a Highways Structures Assistant Engineer to join their team as soon as possible. The client is offering a full time, temporary position on an ongoing basis with the ideal candidate having experience of working within a local authority within a construction environment.
Key purpose of the role is to attend to all highway structural inspection and maintenance activities for the service, develop and prepare highways structures maintenance schemes as well as any new works as required using established procedures and codes of practice.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide technical and professional advice to the service and its customers
- Lead/facilitate other staff to ensure effective service delivery and delivery of projects, including training, planning and allocating work, checking work is done to time and quality and carrying out on-job training
- Carry out research, monitoring of data and reviews of local and national policy and best practice
- Monitor the performance of the service ensuring that performance and quality standards are maintained in line with the service's performance management framework and service and corporate plan objectives
To be considered for this role you will require a Level 7 qualification e.g., Post Graduate Certificates and Diplomas, or Level 6 qualification e.g. Bachelor Degrees, Graduate Certificates and Diplomas; plus post qualifying experience
The below skills would be beneficial for the role:
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, regulatory and performance standards and best practice in this area
- Managing and developing people within a service delivery organisation, including carrying out performance and development reviews and recruitment and selection
- Delivering customer services in a fast paced and high-volume working environment
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £23 per hour Umbrella LTD Inside IR35.
How to Apply
If this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up-to-date CV to email@example.com or call Amy at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967 to discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this role is not of interest to you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as we cover all construction-related vacancies across the region.
If this role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them. If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.