Domestic Abuse Service
3 Months Contract
A local authority in Brent are recruiting for a Housing Officer with knowledge of domestic abuse to provide a housing management service to their housing residents, who have been victims of domestic abuse.
This role is a traditional housing officer role, providing a housing management service to residents who have suffered from domestic abuse and will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Tenant Support and Liaison: Provide assistance and support to tenants, addressing their housing needs and concerns and aAct as a point of contact for tenant inquiries, maintaining positive relationships and resolving issues promptly.
- Housing Allocation and Management: Oversee the allocation of housing units, ensuring fair and transparent processes and manage the day-to-day operations of assigned housing units, addressing maintenance issues, and coordinating necessary repairs.
- Homelessness Prevention and Support: Implement strategies to prevent homelessness, including early identification of individuals at risk and collaborate with relevant agencies and support services to provide assistance to individuals facing housing crises.
- Policy Compliance and Documentation: Ensure adherence to housing regulations, policies, and local laws and maintain accurate and up-to-date records, including tenancy agreements, rent payments, and property inspections.
- Community Engagement and Outreach: Engage with the local community to understand their housing needs and concerns and implement outreach programs to raise awareness of available housing services and resources, fostering community involvement and collaboration.
To be considered for this Housing Officer role you will require the following knowledge and experience:
- Expert knowledge of housing and homelessness legislation, code of guidance, and case law.
- Experience and ability to write and implement procedures/guidance based on legislative understanding.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team for delivering excellent customer service in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to support teams in creating a collaborative culture adaptable to new challenges and focused on positive customer outcomes and team well-being.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively engage with colleagues, clients, and other agencies.
- Proficiency in using data and IT systems for monitoring outcomes, informing service delivery, and ensuring smooth customer journeys.
Due to the nature of clients you will be supporting in this role, you will require an enhanced DBS.
This is a temporary Housing Officer role, working 5 days per week (36 hours) on an initial 3 month contract, with a good chance of being extended.
If this Housing Officer role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Housing Officer role, please send your CV lee . mc millan @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01 772 20 89 66 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Housing Officer role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region