Service Care Solutions have an exciting new opportunity for a Housing Support Worker to work for a well established client based in Liverpool.
What are the main duties of the role and the Location of Work:
The role offers flexible working in the community and you can work from home in between property visits. You manage a caseload between 10-12 Residents. The role includes lone working, you will regularly meet with your team and manager to discuss and reflect on complex cases. You will be required to travel for training and team meetings.
- Co-develop and deliver person-centred support and safety plans with clients. These plans will complement support plans from other agencies involved in your client's care such as probation resettlement plans.
- Capturing and evidencing service user progress, as well as recording regular contacts on their case file
- Undertake safeguarding activities including monitoring and reporting of safeguarding concerns, as well as liaising and working in partnership with relevant external agencies e.g. police, probation, local authorities and social services etc.
- Ensure a professional risk management plan is in place, which is regularly updated in line with any escalation of risk. This should evidence proactive agency involvement and sharing of information with relevant stakeholders.
- Maximise rent collection by ensuring successful housing and other welfare benefit claims are submitted and maintained; taking proactive action to minimise rent arrears in line with targets; monitoring accounts and recording all actions, and where necessary taking appropriate action when arrears exceed tolerance levels in line with policy and procedure.
- Ensure that routine property maintenance and damage is reported promptly to maintenance staff.
- Minimise void time by taking a proactive approach to ensure properties are re-let as soon as possible in line with targets.
- Full UK Driving Licence required.
- Valid Business insurance required.
- Enhanced DBS required.
- Computer literate.
Hours of work:
Required to work a rota system between 8am-10pm weekdays (35 hours per week)