Housing Support Worker
Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of vulnerable individuals? Do you have experience in providing housing-related support? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Housing Support Worker in Gwynedd.
Primary Purpose of the Role: As a Housing Support Worker, your primary role will be to provide support to vulnerable individuals, ensuring they have access to safe and stable housing. You will work collaboratively with clients to develop and implement support plans, with the aim of achieving successful move-on and promoting independence.
- Engage with referral agencies to generate referrals for the service.
- Plan and deliver effective support and safety plans for service users.
- Maintain properties to ensure they are adequately equipped, maintained, and furnished.
- Empower and motivate service users to identify and achieve desired outcomes.
- Develop move-on plans for service users, identifying realistic housing options.
Professional & Technical Expertise:
- Conduct initial and regular assessments of service users' needs and risks.
- Contribute towards meeting individual and team performance targets.
- Commit to learning and development to improve practice and support skills.
- Maintain up-to-date records and produce reports as required.
- Keep up-to-date with relevant regulatory requirements and engage in audits.
Housing Support worker requirements
- Experience of working with vulnerable client groups.
- Experience of delivering structured support in either housing or social care.
- Enhanced DBS Adults and children
- Knowledge of welfare benefits
- Full UK Driving Licence required.
This is a temporary, Housing Support worker role,35 hours per week for an initial 3 months, covering the recruitment process for a permanent team member, meaning the role could be extended, or become permanent.
If this Temporary Housing Support worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Housing Support worker role, please send your CV mickey . stepans @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Housing Support worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region.