Housing Support Worker
Cardiff and Newport
Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The Housing Support Worker is responsible for providing housing-related support to vulnerable individuals, facilitating successful move-on outcomes, and promoting independence. This role involves engaging with service users, delivering effective support plans, and ensuring properties are maintained to a high standard.
- Engage with referral agencies to generate referrals for the service.
- Plan and deliver effective support and safety plans with service users.
- Ensure properties are adequately equipped, maintained, and furnished.
- Issue correct tenure and support agreements, ensuring compliance from service users.
- Empower and motivate service users to identify and achieve desired outcomes.
Professional & Technical Expertise:
- Maintain regular contact with service users as per service requirements.
- Maximize rent collection and minimize rent arrears in line with targets.
- Report property maintenance issues promptly to maintenance staff.
Organisational Performance and Compliance:
- Conduct initial and regular assessments of service users' needs and risks.
- Contribute towards meeting individual and team performance targets.
- Commit to learning and development to improve practice and support skills.
- Maintain up-to-date records and produce reports as required.
- Keep up-to-date with relevant regulatory requirements and engage in audits.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in a housing support role.
- Valid driver's license, own vehicle, and business insurance.
- Enhanced DBS certification for working with adults.
- Strong organisation and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and engage in lone working situations.
This is a temporary, Housing Support worker role,35 hours per week for an initial 3 months, covering the recruitment process for a permanent team member, meaning the role could be extended, or become permanent.
If this Temporary Housing Support worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Housing Support worker role, please send your CV mickey . stepans @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Housing Support worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region.