Monday to Friday, Flexible Hours between 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM (35 hours per week)
Role Overview: As a Support Worker you will provide flexible, holistic, and short-term support to clients with a wide range of needs, including substance misuse and mental health issues. You will manage a caseload of clients in properties within your allocated patch, ensuring their safety and progress towards achieving independent accommodation. This role offers flexible working in the community, including the ability to work from home between property visits. You will manage a caseload of 10-12 residents, engaging in regular team meetings to discuss and reflect on complex cases.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-develop and deliver person-centred support and safety plans with clients, complementing support plans from other agencies involved in their care.
- Capture and evidence service user progress, recording regular contacts on their case file.
- Undertake safeguarding activities, monitoring and reporting safeguarding concerns, and liaising with relevant external agencies.
- Ensure a professional risk management plan is in place and regularly updated in line with any escalation of risk.
- Maximize rent collection by submitting and maintaining successful housing and welfare benefit claims, taking proactive action to minimize rent arrears.
- Report routine property maintenance and damage promptly to maintenance staff.
- Minimize void time by proactively ensuring properties are re-let as soon as possible.
- Ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Experience working with vulnerable adults with complex needs, particularly those in contact with the criminal justice system.
- Willingness to travel for training, team meetings, and property visits.
- Flexibility to cover other local patches as needed.
This is a temporary, Housing Support worker role,35 hours per week for an initial 3 months, covering the recruitment process for a permanent team member, meaning the role could be extended, or become permanent.
If this Temporary Housing Support worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Housing Support worker role, please send your CV mickey . stepans @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Housing Support worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region.