Service Care Solutions are looking for a HR Systems Support Assistant to work within the West Yorkshire Police on a 12-month contract.
Provide a professional and customer focussed administrative support function including research and HR information service to all members of the Force to facilitate effective day to day people management.
- Lead by example and behave in line with the Police Code of Ethics ensuring that the force values and behavioural expectations are clearly understood and considered by managers, officers and staff in their decision making and actions, reinforcing and influencing them through all interactions and processes.
- Act as the initial point of contact for the resolution / progression of HR systems related queries, receiving, evaluating, and recording enquiries made in person, by email or telephone, providing information to resolve the query wherever possible or, escalating and following up the issue through the relevant channels to ensure its timely resolution.
- Provide prompt solutions to customer queries where possible, adopting a 'one stop resolution' ethos facilitating effective people management practices across the Force.
- Support HR systems team in transactional processes and procedures to support the delivery of Force HR and L&D policies and procedures.
- Deliver communication to colleagues and managers as directed, including disseminating information, undertaking, and communicating results of dip sampling, and chasing updates, information, and progress reports in order that the HR team provides an efficient and effective service.
- Input and interrogate information from computer systems in response to enquiries, to allow for the correct provision of information in relation to the enquiries received.
- Provide research and administrative support to the HR System Support team.
- Work co-operatively with team members and colleagues contributing positively to the achievement of organisation objectives and to undertake any other HR work as directed, including working at different locations, to provide business continuity and to enable the HR team to fulfil force-wide needs.
- Has a basic knowledge, gained through experience, of personnel and/or administration work.
- Has good knowledge of and is able to use a range of computer packages including Microsoft Office.
- Has previous experience of working in a customer focused working environment.
- Possesses high degree of interpersonal skills and good oral and written communication skills.
- Has the ability to travel around the force area.
- Has full current UK/European Driving Licence (Desirable).
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion, please contact Lewis O'Donnell either via email: email@example.com or tel: 01772208962. Alternatively, if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested, please feel free to refer them as we have a referral scheme of up to £250 in place.