Service Care Solutions are looking for a Infrastructure Engineer fully remote to work as part of an expert team looking after a diverse hybrid environment exceeding 150 instances, spread across OPH (implementing, configuring and supporting SQL server 2005 to 2019), but also including Azure and AWS PaaS and DBaaS offerings
You will be responsible for the operational stability of the infrastructure solutions and be in a position to affect change in the on-going robustness and resilience of those products.
- To support and maintain services and system health and reliability as directed by departmental policy
- To to provide support for application updating when required, including running of scripts, testing, backups, and other forms of performance improvements that may be necessary to keep the service in good order
- The role will require you to identify issues, using the tooling supplied which will include SolarWinds, BMC and scripts before they occur, to diagnose, patch and fix issues when they do occur and be responsible for backup and recovery strategies all within SLA timescales
- Implementing and administrating High Availability solutions including availability groups, mirroring and log shipping
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of SQL server both in the cloud and on-prem
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability, and security for SQL server instances
- Analyse, solve, and correct issues within SLA timescales both in and out of hours
- Perform scheduled maintenance (patching) and support release deployment activities both in hours and out of hours
NB: We work in a 24/7 environment you will be required to join the SQL Server on-call rota or provide support changes such as upgrades and patching out of hours.
The security clearance required for this role is SC, checks will be carried out prior to appointment.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion please contact Chris Wheeler either via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01772208962. Alternatively if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested please feel free to refer them, as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.