Government Litigation Lawyer
The Office of the Advocate General, a UK Government Legal department is seeking a talented and experienced Litigation Lawyer to join their team on a temporary basis. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of litigation cases, including immigration, human rights, constitutional matters, and more.
- Undertaking litigation work for the UK Government in the Court of Session alongside other Court and tribunal litigation work.
- Analysing legal points ranging in complexity in a number of areas and providing clear legal advice.
- Managing workload in a flexible way and working to tight deadlines as required.
- Building strong, collaborative working relationships with colleagues, clients and Counsel.
- A Scottish Qualified Solicitor with a valid practising certificate
- Experience and knowledge in Litigation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Opportunity to develop a broad range of litigation skills and experience
- Challenging and stimulating work
- Contact with a wide range of UK Government policy, legal and operational clients
- Opportunity to become involved in corporate work
- Starting date: Looking at 1st April 2024
- Duration: 12 months initially with the possibility to extend up to 23 months
If you are a talented and experienced Litigation Lawyer looking for a challenging and stimulating role, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Apply now and take the first step towards a rewarding career within a supportive team and collaborative department. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01772208969 for more information. We also offer a referral bonus up to £250 for placed candidates, so if you know someone who maybe interested in this role feel free to pass on the information or contact details.