Service Care Solutions are looking for an experienced Support Worker to work in Hampshire. The position itself is required to cover shortfalls in staffing brought on by sickness, observation changes or general shortages.
This would be to work on a 3 month contract with the possibility of rolling contract. It based in a low secure forensic mental health unit based in Southampton.
£12 p/h ltd Weekdays
£15 p/h ltd Weeknights/Saturdays
£18 p/h ltd Sundays/Bank holidays
We are looking for someone that has a strong level of communication to effectively be able to integrate into various different teams to enable effective collaborative working to assist service users in their recovery.
Day to day you will be responsible for the ongoing care of service users working closely with the multi-disciplinary team assisting in the application of care plans set out to help their recovery. You would be expected to assist the nurse's day to day with their tasks as well as taking service users out on leave where required.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Seek to develop supportive and collaborative partnerships with service users and staff
- Demonstrate leadership qualities
- Always safeguard service users from harm
- Be innovative, creative and solution focussed
- Be open, honest and transparent
- Demonstrate a commitment to own learning and development
- Be a flexible team player and make a valuable contribution to the lives of service users
Good communication skills
* Ability to work flexibility
* Basic Literacy skills
* Common sense approach to problem solving
* Basic numeracy skills
* Motivation and initiative
* Some appreciation of Mental Health problems
If you are interested in this role or want to find out more information, please contact Arran Fitchie on 01772208962 or email email@example.com