Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a National Infrastructure Lead to work for a police force in Greater London on a full time long term basis. Please see below for more information. If you would like to apply please contact Lewis on 01772 208962.
Role:National Infrastructure Lead
Contract: 12 month +
Wage:£750-£821 (Umbrella, Inside IR35)
This role will report to the Architecture and SecurityDesign Authority (aka Chief Technical Architect) to provide Infrastructure technical design and support expertise for a range of ICT Projects and the overall Infrastructure Architecture
This role is vital to ensure the National infrastructure is built, designed and architected to ensure that it is secure and efficient in use.
This role requires a flexible working approach and be self-motivated to help ensure that the various environments are well architected and documented.
The role holder may be required to travel to sites around the UK as appropriate and required to hold a valid UK driving licence
The post holder will be required to do the following:
Document current and future infrastructure designs
Work with projects and Solution architects to ensure that these are aligned to the Strategic vision
Develop Strategies in the infrastructure space and align these will the Application and network/Security leads.
* Experience and knowledge of the Government Security Classifications levels and an understanding of the Cabinet Office Security Policy Framework
* At least 2 years recent experience of working on network server designs in an secure environment
* Experience in writing Design Documentation suitable for accreditation at IL5
* Experience of working with Accreditor to ensure the design meets the needs of the security standards being applied for IL5
* Expert knowledge and experience of Microsoft SQL server
* Able to demonstrate Expert knowledge in the design and build of resilient
* Enterprise class Microsoft Windows environment with following key technologies:
o Windows Server
o Microsoft SQL server
o Active Directory
o High Availability services
o Thin Client/thick client
o Windows Hyper V / VMWare ESX Virtualisation technologies
* Active Directory certificate services and integration with RSA Tokens.
* SAN hardware
* Able to demonstrate an understanding of network skills, Routing Switching, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and NTP
* Understanding of TOGAF or another Architecture framework
* Familiarity with standards, hardware, software, communications circuits, protocols, security countermeasures and management mechanisms
* Good understanding of project management principles and in particular risk and issue management
* Experienced in effectively transferring knowledge and skills to junior staff
* The role holder must be eligible for DV (STRAP) vetting clearance
* Ability to prioritise, execute tasks and achieve results against competing project demands
* Some knowledge of Linux (or *nix systems)
* Preferred TOGAF qualified
* Preferred ITIL V3 Foundation certified
* UK full Driving Licence