Service Care Solutions are recruiting for experienced Call Handlers/Health Advisors to work with the Yorkshire Ambulance Service within their bases in Wakefield and Rotherham. This is a temporary placement for a period of 12 weeks, with the opportunity to become a permanent member of the team following the initial 12 week agency period.
Job Purpose: Band 3 Emergency Call Handler/Health Advisor
As an Emergency Call Handler/Health Advisor for the Integrated Urgent Care service you will be the first point of contact of communication with patients, patients' relatives, healthcare professionals and other callers. Using NHS Pathways to record patients' demographics and basic clinical information, you will assess their condition and ensure they are directed to the most appropriate healthcare professional or end disposition.
You will provide assessment, basic advice and health information to patients calling 111, supporting them to access the appropriate level of care including advice to manage their symptoms at home.
This is a 24/7 service, with a range of shift patterns available, including evenings and weekends. It will be either 24 or 30 hours per week.
Pay Rates: Days - £12.50 LTD | Nights/Sat - £15.50 LTD | Sun/BH - £18.50 LTD
Location(s): Wakefield or Rotherham
- To provide patients with support to enable them to live a fulfilling life
- To observe and communicate effectively with patients, families and other professionals
- To be involved in support with therapy groups and activities
- To provide personal care and support
· Effective communicator (both verbal and written)
· Effective engagement and influencing skills
· Effective listening skills
· Results orientated with good communication and interpersonal skills
· An understanding of the call handling and telephone triage roles
· Ability to confidently use a computer and move quickly between applications eg web and email
· Experience of liaising with multi-disciplinary agencies
The benefits of Service Care Solutions:
- Four weekly payroll runs
- £250 training allowance
- Excellent pay rates
- Exceptional referral bonuses
- Specialists mental health consultants offering single point of contact
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- Ltd & PAYE payment options available
- Nationwide provider of mental health staff to over 40 different NHS trusts offering mental health services and over 200 local authorities.
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
Please send your up-to-date CV to Tom at email@example.com