Service Care Solutions are looking for a Ordering Assistant to work within the Gwent Police on a 3- month contract
To administer purchasing requisitions for goods, services and travel requests received from departments within the force ensuring timely delivery and value for money on purchases.
- To execute requisitions for Goods and Services received from all departments within the force.
- To process travel requisitions (hotels, train etc) for force departments ensuring that bookings are made in compliance with force travel policies and financial regulations.
- To liaise with departments regarding requisitions to ensure compliance with Procurement department policies and Force Standing orders in relation to contracts.
- To co-ordinate with hotels and travel companies to confirm bookings, payments, and amendments to force travel requests on behalf of departments.
- To organise payment for goods, services, and travel with purchasing card in line with force procurement policies.
- To ensure accurate monthly financial reconciliation of purchasing card transactions on the card providers system.
- To liaise with external suppliers to confirm or chase deliveries, arrange returns/refunds, and ask general queries.
- To deal with queries regarding requisitions from internal departments.
- To monitoring the shared Purchasing internal email inbox ensuring all requests are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must have a good standard of education to at least GCSE A-C Level, including Maths and English, or be able to demonstrate equivalent skills and abilities.
- Must have experience of processing financial transactions using computerised information systems, in particular purchasing card/ purchase order systems.
- Must have previous experience of analysing data using a variety of applications/methods to provide management information.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft applications (e.g Word and Excel).
- Must have knowledge of Procurement/ Purchasing environment.
- Must have an understanding and awareness of Organisational governance and procurement and or financial controls within that organisation.
- Must possess good communication skills to be able to communicate with suppliers, police officers and police staff.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion, please contact Lewis O'Donnell either via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01772208962. Alternatively, if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested, please feel free to refer them as we a have a referral scheme in place of up to £250.