Contract: Temporary (3 Months)
Rate: £14-15ph umbrella - 37hr week
Start Date: ASAP
*Fully remote after initial training*
Service Care Finance are currently recruiting on behalf of a Local Authority in Bedfordshire for a Payroll Officer to join their team on an initial 3-month period to assist with extra workload. The postholder will be required to come in for a few days per week initially but will be able to work remotely once integrated. They will assist in providing an efficient and effective HR and Payroll administrative service to the Council, Schools and external clients and for the employee lifecycle from contracts all the way through to leavers.
- Process starters, leavers, changes to employment and all other HR/Payroll transactions ensuring all work types are processed accurately within specified deadlines
- Assist in the calculation and payment of statutory and voluntary deductions
- Undertake and assist with Administrative duties and generation of reports in accordance with LGPS and TP pension requirements.
- Advice and guidance to employees, Schools and external clients on terms and conditions of employment, policies and procedures and the transactional services provided
- Ensure the integrity of the HR and Payroll system by ensuring that all processes are recorded accurately
- Experience of operating within a payroll environment, preferably within Local Authority
- NVQ Level 3 or A-Level equivalent qualified with well-developed numeracy skills
- Experience of using a complex integrated HR & Payroll system with advanced IT and MS Office skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with the ability to work well on own initiative as well as part of a team
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Greg at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208969 or email email@example.com
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So, if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed.