London Borough of Sutton have a position for a Personal advisor for the Leaving care team.
You will provide practical help and direct support to young people and young adults using the service from age 16 and are in care, or have recently left care (up to the age of 25) or who are unaccompanied asylum seeking children, to become independent and inspire them to set ambitious goals for themselves,
so that they:
· Are assisted in making the transition between care and independence
· Have the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to live independently, including to manage their money
· Have appropriate accommodation options
· Access education, training and employment
· Live a healthy lifestyle and access health support when they need it
· Develop and maintain social networks that will sustain them throughout their lives
1. Manage a caseload involving the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of appropriate action, to ensure that the right resources are deployed to safeguard and promote the welfare of care experienced young peoples in compliance with casework objectives, departmental policy and procedural requirements, consistently maintaining the highest level of professional standards.
2. To use agreed assessment frameworks in collaboration with the individual to robustly assess their needs and to develop corresponding tailored intervention Pathway Plans setting out clear goals and who is going to provide assistance. To Implement the plans and provide assistance and support to young people to help them achieve their aims, using appropriate interventions and casework methods.
3. To review the Pathway Plans at no less than six monthly intervals, in partnership with the individual.
if you are interested in this role then please email me your CV to Delanie.email@example.com or Call 01772 208964