Service Care Solutions have an exciting new opportunity for a Prevention & Assessment officer to work for a well established client based in Liverpool.
The ideal candidate will have to deliver a high-quality customer focused comprehensive re-housing and homelessness service.
- To work with people in housing need and those who are potentially homeless to identify and address their housing and support needs.
- To identify problems causing their potential homelessness and provide them with tailored advice and assistance to secure alternative settled accommodation and prevent their becoming homeless.
- To work proactively with relevant Council departments, partners and private and registered social landlords to ensure that effective support is identified and implemented to prevent homelessness, ensure timely assessments and support clients into settled accommodation.
- To identify the support needs of service users and make appropriate referrals to other Council teams and external agencies.
- Assisting clients to access and signposting to other statutory, non statutory and voluntary agencies where relevant.
- To highlight any concerns about service users where appropriate to the appropriate agency (e.g. concerns about child protection or adult abuse).
- Completion of risk assessments in respect of service users and for communicating these appropriately and confidentially to other staff in the City Council or to other agencies.
- To participate with colleagues in any 'out-of-hours' rota and to deal with emergency situations occurring outside normal office hours.
Hours of work:
Monday - Friday 9am - 5:30pm(35hpw)
Prevention and Assessment Officer requirements.
- Enhanced DBS
- Previous experience with working with Homeless service users.
- Tendency sustainment
- Computer literate
This is a Contract, Prevention and Assessment officer role, 35 hours per week for an initial 3 months, covering the recruitment process for a permanent team member, meaning the role could be extended, or become permanent.
If this Prevention & Assessment officer role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Prevention & Assessment officer role, please send your CV mickey . stepans @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Prevention & Assessment officer role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region.