Job Title: Project Accountant
Locations: Kent Sevenoaks - TN13 (hybrid working available)
Contract Type: 6 Month Fixed term
Work Pattern: 37 hours per week
Salary : £60,000 - £65,000
A new opportunity has become available for a Project Accountant to be responsible for the transformation of the budget setting processes, and for supporting the delivery of the Value for Money (VfM) Strategy.
Main tasks and duties -
- Responsible for the budget setting process of the organisation, the post holder will be responsible for transforming the budget setting process as part of a new system implementation, moving from nominal to cost centre budgeting, mapping to a new chart of accounts and managing the cultural change associated with changes in budget holder responsibilities
- Responsible for the redesign of reporting information and processes, to mirror budget changes
- The post holder will be responsible for unit and financial data within the system architecture of West Kent and the creation and design of financial reporting and reconciliation to meet the business needs of the organisation.
- Lead on the production of information to the Board in relation to the Strategic Programme and VfM, to include budget, business planning and forecasting.
- The post holder will need to be able to explain complex financial information to colleagues and stakeholders with no financial knowledge, with ease.
- Responsible for the Continuous improvement of the Finance Department.
- The post holder will seek to deliver and demonstrate Value for Money through their areas of responsibility.
- CCAB Qualification, with over 3 years post qualification expertise
- Substantial experience of leading budget setting processes and implementing new methods of budget setting, both within and outside of financial systems
- Substantial experience of ensuring the Group's compliance with all relevant legislation, accounting requirements and regulations.
- Personal influence; working effectively with colleagues, partners and stakeholder groups.
- Strong influencing and communication skills, personal drive and ambition to make a difference.
- Experience of leading substantial, and successful business transformation and change management.
- Experience of implementing Finance Improvement Programmes.
- Strong experience of embedding a VfM framework within the operations of a business
- Strong experience of leading forecasting processes and implementing reporting design improvements
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Lewis at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to Lewis.Hodson@servicecare.org.uk