A Local Authority based in North West London is currently recruiting for a Complex Works Project Manager to join their capital and planned programme.
This is a full time, temporary position and the ideal candidate will be educated to a construction related degree level or equivalent and/or experience in a social housing building repairs environment.
The purpose of the role is to lead and manage complex project delivery and professional services in a wide range of complex projects.
The main responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the setup, management and delivery of LBHF's direct delivery of the capital and asset projects, the number allocated dependent on complexity, and to ensure that the project(s) are delivered to the appropriate quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the capital and asset programme plan and programme governance arrangements.
- To provide leadership and strategic direction for the delivery of all services in line with the wider the councils Business Plan.
- Lead the interdependencies and interfaces between projects within the division and elsewhere in the Council. Ensure the work is co-ordinated with the programme and other Council initiatives and that appropriate input is received to meet the requirements of the programme.
- To ensure that all planning of capital works supports a high level of VFM and that all areas of the Council's Capital & Asset sector benefit from alignment of commercial support.
- Develop and enhance all associated commercial management processes, procedures, and systems within respective service - in conjunction with wider service base of Property and Compliance team
- Experience of managing planned & capital works within a social housing environment
- In depth understanding of the issues and approaches involved in managing large and complex construction projects
- Experience with resident consultation within a social housing environment
- Successful track record in delivering complex capital works projects including planning, monitoring and implementation.
- Have a wide understanding of the building industry, including knowledge of materials, trades, methods, and legal requirements
- Keep up to date with changes in construction methods, statutory legislation and carry out continued professional development (CPD).
- Knowledge of building surveying tasks
- Clear knowledge of Health and Safety legislation pertaining to the construction industry including CDM regulations and their application in managing works
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £275 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx. £855 p/week NET after deductions). So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!