Service Care Solutions are currently recruiting for an Adult Social Worker in Merton
The person appointed to this post will be a member of a community or Hospital based Social Work Team and will be contributing towards the maintenance of high-quality services and the promotion of independence of service users and their carers by assessing, support planning, monitoring, and reviewing their needs and service provision in accordance with Merton's eligibility criteria. This will include arranging domiciliary packages of care and care home placements
- To undertake the range of activities necessary for the entire Care Management process as outlined in the Care Act and associated guidance
- To undertake such casework duties as are appropriate in relation to cases allocated by Team managers, within the policies of the Department. This duty includes the maintaining of up-to-date and adequate paper and IT based case records.
- To undertake the specific duties, as are assigned to their relevant professional group under any relevant legislation, and such additional duties as may be directed by the Head of Service /Service Manager.
- To identify areas of risk and complete risk assessments in line with the Merton Care Management Procedures.
- To be qualified as a Best Interest Assessor or be willing to undertake necessary training to become a Best Interest Assessor if eligible. To contribute to the Council's legislative duties in relation to the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards by carrying out Best Interest Assessments to keep people safe by working to the agenda of the Safeguarding Adults Board including carrying out enquiries, employing the principle of making safeguarding personal, and contributing to quality assurance in safeguarding.
- To ensure that quality and value for money services are commissioned to meet identified needs and that services purchased comply with Corporate and Departmental standing orders and good practice guidelines. To effectively negotiate the best price for care and placements.
Weekly Hours - 35
Assignment Duration - Initially 3 months.
Weekly Hours: 09:00-17.00
This is an exciting opportunity, and the role will include:
- Flexible working to manage your own diary
- Daily Pay rates
For this position you must also have:
- Professional Social Work Qualification
- Relevant Assessor experience
Working with Service Care Solutions offers many benefits including:
- A specialist consultant within an experienced Social Work recruitment team
- Consistently excellent rates of pay
- An extensive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
- Payroll service twice a week
- Personal on-going training budgets
- Registrations and DBS paid for by us
If you are interested in applying for this role or if you would like information about any roles in your area please call Matthew at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208964 or email Matthew.Nicholson@servicecare.org.uk.
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So, if you know anyone who would be perfect for this role, and they are placed into work you receive £250 once their probationary period has been completed.