JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Fire Safety Advisor
CONTRACT TYPE: Perm
WEEKLY HOURS: 35 Hours
WORK PATTERN: Mon - Fri (9am-5pm)
The Asset Manager keeps the customer's homes safe and secure. Expertise is a given and our customer focus and approachability make this a maintenance role like no other. You understand how important a well-maintained, safe, and secure home is for peoples' well-being. The organisation has strong values. Will be working with such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
- Undertake regular site visits during construction of new buildings, and refurbishment and major works projects, to ensure quality control of fire safety systems and processes.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and ongoing improvement of the fire safety policy, fire management arrangements and fire risk assessments, as part of the process of ensuring legal compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Investigate fire related incidents within the organisation and prepare reports and recommendations to minimise the risk of personal injury, fire, and damage to property.
- Provide fire safety advice to Project Managers and design teams, to assist in the development of building fire strategies.
- Fully conversant with LACORS, National Fire Safety Guidance on Purpose Built Block of Flats and National Fire Safety Guidance on Specialised Housing.
- Fully conversant with Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, PAS 79, Building Safety Bill (BSB), Fire Safety Bill (FSB) and relevant British Standards.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical information clearly, accurately, and convincingly through speech and/or in writing.
- A member or working towards membership of a recognised, fire safety professional body (IFE, IFSM etc).
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
Mon - Fri