JOB TITLE: Resettlement Support Officer
LOCATION: North London
CONTRACT TYPE: Temp
WEEKLY HOURS: 36 Hours
WORK PATTERN: Mon - Fri (9am-5.30pm)
This role will provide a comprehensive resettlement assessment and support service to newly arrived Ukrainian refugees (Single people) living with sponsors in the borough. To conduct detailed 'initial welfare checks' and follow up visits to ensure the placement is safe, identify any safeguarding concerns and ensure all urgent and immediate needs are met.
- To provide a high quality and responsive floating support resettlement service to guests, identify and report safeguarding issues that make the placement unsuitable.
- Liaison with homelessness prevention, procurement and move on services to ensure an agreed exit route for each guest from sponsor accommodation.
- To observe, evaluate and escalate issues relating to guests and sponsor households which may include domestic violence, exploitation and adult and children's wellbeing in accordance with Camden's safeguarding responsibilities.
- To help refugees to live independently supporting them to manage any risk, either to themselves or others, minimised through assessment, management, and support.
- Knowledge or experience of lone working and how to mitigate and manage risks.
- Knowledge of the housing options available to meet the housing needs of families and single people.
- Up to date knowledge of Universal Credit and general understanding of the welfare benefits systems and legislation.
- Effective oral and written communication that can be adapted to communicate with a diverse and vulnerable client group.
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
Mon-Sun (9am - 5pm)