Children's Residential Homes
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Residential Practitioner to join a supportive team within a Children's Residential Home in Leeds. As a Residential Practitioner, you will be responsible for providing care and support to children in residential child care, ensuring that they are loved, happy, healthy, safe from harm and able to develop, thrive and fulfil their potential.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Assist children in residential child care to develop behaviourally, educationally and emotionally
- Foster positive relationships with children and staff in the home
- Support children's emotional, mental and physical health needs
- Work with the wider system of professionals for each child, and with children's families and communities of origin
- Provide a safe, stimulating and loving environment for children
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working with young people who may have emotional/behavioural difficulties
- Competency in the use of IT equipment and software
- Ability to manage complex and challenging behaviour in an assertive, restorative and sensitive manner
- Ability to work flexibly, including unsociable hours and shifts on a rota basis, including weekend and bank holiday working
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring confidentiality in the management of information in line with Data Protection responsibilities
- Engaging with the supervision and appraisal process
- Undertaking other duties appropriate to the post
- Providing compassionate and person-centered care tailored to the individual needs of the children and young people
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour in an assertive, restorative and sensitive manner
- Supporting young people on outings and accessing the community
- Providing appropriate levels of personal care for children and young people with disabilities and complex needs
If you are passionate about working with children and young people and making a positive difference in their lives, then this is the job for you. Apply now to become a Residential Practitioner and join this company's team at the Children's Residential Homes in Leeds.
If you would be interested in this role or any similar roles please do not hesitate to contact Emily @ Service Care on 01772 208964 or email email@example.com
Benefits of working for Emily @ Service Care Solutions:
- A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
- Exceptional referral bonuses
- An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
- Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
Note: Do you know someone who is looking for work in this field? If so, please pass these details on to them. If we are able to place them into work such as this, lasting over 13 weeks, we will happily pay you a £250 referral bonus