JOB TITLE: Retirement Housing Advisor
CONTRACT TYPE: Temp
WEEKLY HOURS: 37 Hours
WORK PATTERN: Mon - Fri (8.30am-5pm)
Support the delivery of an efficient, effective, and consistent tenancy management service, predominantly to older and vulnerable tenants across Eastbourne. Respond to customer concerns, manage processes, and liaise with specialists and partner agencies. Maintain confidentiality in line with agreed policy and relevant data protection legislation.
- To undertake or support leads in partner agencies on a range of cases, assessing the risk and vulnerability of customers and considering all aspects of the customer's situation to provide the best avenue of support e.g., safeguarding referrals.
- To maintain the statutory landlord and health and safety requirements within Neighbourhood Housing and provide advice on Retirement Housing matters to tenants and the public.
- Access and accurately update all relevant information systems, both customer and back office ensuring that the Golden Customer Record is updated and maintained through verification and validation, and in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation principles.
- Assist in the design and development of tools and guidance notes for the area of specialism to enable the team to self-serve and widen their knowledge.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with customers, colleagues, council officers and external agencies and partners to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to actively listen to extract and assess important information to ensure that the appropriate arrangements are made to support the customers' needs.
- Ability to use IT systems to gather, store and produce reports and process information.
- Ability and commitment to work with vulnerable people and help challenging and distressed customers.
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
Mon- Fri (8.30am-5pm)