I am currently recruiting for an interim SEND and Inclusion Commissioner to work in Hillingdon.
The request is for an Interim SEND Commissioner role as my client are currently advertising for the permanent role. This role will essentially support the School place planning work and also involve contract monitoring and review of service specifications and SLA's (SRP's).
Applying candidates must have an enhanced DBS.
* To work in partnership with Delivery Managers to deliver the organisational vision and outcomes through integrated planning and the flexible use of resources.
* Support the Head of Service on the development of the London Borough of Hillingdon (LBH) SEND Sufficiency Strategy for the development and placement of SEND pupils in and out of borough.
* To manage and lead in the development of sustainable commissioning strategies, including the achievement of specific local and national targets, delivery of savings targets and implementation of agreed plans to support these initiatives.
* To manage and lead on the implementation of placement policy and process for SEND pupil placements.
* Lead on strategies to ensure that pupil placement needs are met in borough working in partnership with colleagues in Education, Health and Social Care.
* To lead on strategies to reduce the number and costs of pupils placed out of borough and placed in independent settings.
* To lead on securing best value from all SEND placements in independent and out of borough provision, through contract management and monitoring performance of placements.
1. People Management ▪ To be a responsible and accountable Commissioner who can work in a matrix style in order to deliver improved outcomes for children and young people with SEND and their families and carers.
2. Customer Management ▪ Promote and enable the active participation of children, young people, their families and carers and other stakeholders in all aspects of service commissioning, delivery and monitoring. ▪ Ensure there are effective safeguarding arrangements in place as part of the commissioning process. ▪ Develop and maintain good working relationships with a range of partners including the voluntary sector. ▪ Ensure the appropriate consultation activities are undertaken and managed effectively.
3. Operational Service Delivery
▪ To support the Head of Service in building and maintaining partnership working and network development to ensure effective outcomes for children and young people in educational and or residential educational settings in and out of borough.
▪ To manage the effective performance and delivery of all in and out of borough contracts, ensuring responsibilities are discharged appropriately and that there is
▪ Work collaboratively with Delivery Managers to ensure commissioning within educational settings is developed to improve outcomes for children and young people with SEND.
▪ To undertake research and provide data and gap analysis on educational provision across Hillingdon, informing strategic planning and joint commissioning. and the work of partnership boards and placement panels.
▪ To lead on the development of rigorous quality assurance and safeguarding procedures to monitor in and out of borough provisions.
▪ To take the lead on working with other local authorities and providers to more effectively manage the costs and quality of independent and out of borough providers of SEND.
▪ To present regular reports to Senior Management Team, Schools Forum and Partnership Boards that influence the development of broader strategies on commissioning SEND provision.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Andy at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org