Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a Senior Analyst for a police force in Norfolk, please see below for more information and to apply please contact Lewis on 01772 208962.
Role: Senior Analyst
Contract: 9 months +
To provide strategic direction, coordinate and review the analytical activities of the National VAWG Taskforce across England and Wales. To support and facilitate the professional development of the regional VAWG analysts in conjunction with existing line management structures. To undertake bespoke strategic analysis in support of VAWG priorities.
Main activities of the role
* Assist the national VAWG lead in the delivery of the VAWG framework through the coordination of
activity undertaken by performance/ intelligence analysts.
* Responsible for the line management and professional development of VAWG performance and
* Supervise the design, production, and quality assurance of nationally commissioned analytical and
performance products across the VAWG analytical function.
* Use of persuasion through professional excellence to highlight the benefits of a particular approach, and
negotiate terms of reference to focus on answering the right questions in the right way.
* Ensure that robust processes are developed and maintained to support the provision of effective
intelligence analysis by the analytical function. This must include effective communication between key
stakeholders at a local, regional and national level.
* Support the identification and development of regional intelligence requirements to enable their
fulfilment and link into national and local intelligence requirements.
* Carry out national bespoke impactive strategic intelligence and performance analysis, presenting
findings in the most suitable format to all relevant parties, including outside organisations.
* Gather, verify and assess all available and appropriate information to gain an accurate understanding of
situations and their strategic or tactical/operational context developing inferences and hypothesis
* Exercise discretion and professional judgement to ensure decisions/recommendations are appropriate
and proportionate, reviewing all decisions in the light of new information. Other Activities
* Working independently and on own initiative to manage multiple tasks by thinking through problems,
prioritising and effective time management.
* Take ownership of workloads, keeping people informed of progress and managing expectations where
* Promote the concept of Evidence Based Policing across the organisations and within the analysis
teams and undertake evidence based policing techniques such as targeting, testing and tracking in
supporting the identification and delivery of 'what works'.
* Act with integrity, in line with the Police Service's statement of mission and values.