Service Care Solutions are looking for a Senior Community Engagement Officer to working within the London Fire Brigade on a 6-month.
- Facilitate effective collaboration with diverse stakeholders and communities impacted by proposed changes to the fire and rescue service in London.
- Engage with community representatives, partner agencies, and affected communities during significant fires and emergencies, contributing to urgent assistance communications responses.
- Attend external meetings, including community gatherings, to represent the London Fire Brigade (LFB) and foster relationships with key community stakeholders.
- Organize facilities, prepare representatives, and produce briefing materials for various community engagement activities. Establish and maintain community engagement databases in compliance with data protection rules.
- Conduct research and polling to gauge public views on the Brigade's services, messaging, and community engagement. Support senior managers and internal policy teams in designing and executing public consultation exercises, ensuring awareness of outcomes.
- Assist and support the Community Engagement Manager to provide advice to internal
audiences, when required, on stakeholder and community engagement matters.
- Participate as a member of the communications department, contributing to the
delivery and success of the departments departmental plan.
- Build relationships and liaise with partner agencies, including other emergency
services and the mayor's team to deliver high quality community engagement.
- Contribute to key performance measures, demonstrating the effectiveness of the
Stakeholder and Community Engagement Team.
- Represent the organisation at external events and meetings as required, to support
the Brigade's stakeholder and community engagement activities.
- Minimum 3 years working within a large complex organisation serving a large and
- Demonstrable experience of building and nurturing strong, consistent, and purposeful
community engagement relationships across a complex, multi-directorate organisation.
- Experience of delivering effective public consultation exercises.
- Experience of the production of reports and preparation of materials for decision
- Experience of working with hard-to-reach groups.
- Experience of acting swiftly to engage with communities at sudden notice.
- A strong understanding of what good community engagement looks like.
- An understanding of safeguarding.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the fire and rescue service.
- An understanding of the law relating to publicity, including the Local Government
Publicity Code, Data Protection, Freedom of Information, and the Government's Code
of Practice on Publicity.
- A knowledge of different kinds of community engagement, including developing
resources and guidance for those involved in the delivery of stakeholder and
- A strong awareness of inclusion, equality and diversity issues.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion, please contact Lewis O'Donnell either via email: email@example.com or tel: 01772208962. Alternatively, if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested, please feel free to refer them as we a have a referral scheme in place of up to £250.