Senior Financial Accountant
Contract: Temporary (6 Months initial)
Salary: £450-500 per day umbrella
Start Date: ASAP
Sector: Local Government
Service Care Finance are currently recruiting on behalf of a Local Authority in South London for a Senior Financial Accountant on a temporary basis. The postholder will assist with an integrated approach to strategic financial planning that supports the delivery and outcomes of the corporate plan and financial constraints. They will provide high quality and consistent financial advice to senior members to support effective decision making.
- Contribute towards the Council's financial planning function to deliver a comprehensive, high quality, cost effective and timely service.
- Provide financial advice and support to Members, management board, directors and other managers on all issues requiring financial support
- Review reports, policies, procedures and other proposals for financial issues and make amendments as required.
- Support senior managers in developing and implementing strategies to manage budget variances and achieve MTFS savings.
- Contribute towards the closure of accounts process having regard to corporate timescales and appropriate quality standards.
- CIPFA or Equivalent Qualified Accountant
- Experience of financial planning and contributing to the MTFS within a Local Authority
- Experience of reviewing reports, policies and procedures in order to provide sound financial advice to senior members
- Experience of contributing to the closure of accounts process within a Local Authority
- Great communication skills with the ability to work well on own initiative as well as part of a team
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Greg at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So, if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed.