I am currently recruiting for a short breaks coordinator to work in Brent.
This role is initially for 3 months and requires applying candidates to have an enhanced DBS.
- To deliver and improve outcomes for a disabled children and young people with complex needs and their families, through the co-ordination of comprehensive, accessible and cost effective Short Break Services in Brent.
- To campaign and promote Short Breaks to internal and external partners, parents and service providers through effective and engaging communication channels and marketing materials.
- To provide a single point of access for all targeted and specialist short breaks for children and young people in Brent ensuring fair allocation of a variety of resources to meet assessed need.Contribute to commissioning and quality assurance activities to ensure Short Break providers are outcome focused and driven to meet the needs of children, young people and their families.
- To act as a source of advice and expertise to families, health, education and social care professionals in developing and implementing short breaks.
- To support and challenge providers to meet the needs of children with SEND in their provision with a view to increase market capacity.
- Set strategies, standards and processes within the context of the Children's Services priorities and in line with the principles of increasing user choice and control over the services they receive.
- Support and participation of SEND children and young people in the planning and delivery of short breaks in Brent.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To contribute to the financial monitoring activities in relation to specialist short breaks.To contribute to the promotion of support services to SEND children, young people and their families, including a range of universal, targeted and specialist provision, by working closely with Brent Parent's Forum and updating the Local Offer.
- To make decisions around eligibility for and fair allocation of targeted and specialists short break resources in line with Brent priorities
- To undertake assessments for and reviews of support packages in partnership with parents, children young people and other practitioners involved ensure children and family's needs are identified and met as far as possible.
- To work in partnership with other agencies to promote their use by SEND children and young people and their families in line with the principles of inclusion and increasing access for disabled children and young people to universal provisions.
- Co-ordinate, analyse and lead on action plans in relation to feedback from Children, young people and their families who access short breaks service in Brent.
- Where appropriate complete documentation such as an EHCP profile contributions
- To ensure efficient record keeping systems are maintained to monitor children and young people's progress, report back to parent and other professionals and contribute to the evaluation of the service.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Andy at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208964 or email email@example.com