A Local Authority based in Merseyside is currently for a Structural Engineer to join their Building Control Team.
This is a full time, temporary position and the ideal candidate will be a full Member of ISE or equivalent and hold a degree in Civil/Structural engineering.
The purpose of the role is to part of small team of design check structural engineers reporting directly to the relevant Area Team Leader and the Building Control Manager.
The main responsibilities of the role:
- To assess the acceptability of submissions made under the provisions of the Building Regulations in accordance with British and other Standards and Codes of Practice. To use professional judgement to determine which matters are to be considered in submissions of any size, basis, complexity, or construction as the workload of the section dictates.
- To implement and maintain a quality system of data management and archiving that complies with BS EN ISO 27001:2005 accreditation and audited by an external accreditation body.
- To prepare necessary notes, reports, schedules, or other relevant correspondence.
- To keep records and other relevant administrative details as required.
- Full Member of ISE or equivalent
- Degree in Civil/Structural engineering.
- Extensive experience of design in steel, masonry, concrete and timber on residential/commercial over 4 storeys and complex schemes e.g., sports stadia.
- Good knowledge of Building Regulations, British Standards, and codes of practice.
- Good knowledge of computer design for structural assessment.
- Experience of using spread sheets, databases, and word processing.
- Communication skills both written and oral.
- Excellent numeracy and conceptual skills with a clear ability to deal with complex structural desi.
- Ability to influence, assist and motivate colleagues when passing experience.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £39 - 41 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx. £890 - 930 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on experience and qualifications. So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!