A large Devon based housing association is recruiting for a Support Worker to provide a high quality, outcomes-focused support service to a wide range of client groups in Totnes
The focus of this support worker role is to provide appropriate support, encouragement and advice according to supported housing residents with mental health support needs. As a Support Worker, you will work within a team providing housing related support to people with mental health support needs, who have been referred by the Devon Partnership Trust (DPT).
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support people to recover meaning, purpose, choice and control in their lives
- Ensure services promote independence and inclusion
- Provide housing advice and support
- Ensure residents and applicants are well informed so that they can communicate their needs and views and make informed choices.
- Ensure residents are consulted about the services provided and are offered opportunities to be involved in their running.
- Liaise with the Services Manager and work closely with the local authority and other partners ensuring appropriate referrals are made and that the service has a referral process and eligibility criteria in place. Manage the waiting list for accommodation and establish applicants' priority for accommodation according to agreed criteria
- Ensure that residents receive appropriate support, encouragement and advice according to their individual needs to enable them to settle into or maintain their accommodation.
- Take a proactive approach to the prevention of anti-social behaviour (ASB) including effective partnership working.
To be considered for this Support Worker role you will require previous experience working within a housing support setting and have strong knowledge of working with service users with mental health support needs.
Due to the nature of clients you will be supporting in this role, to apply you will require an enhanced DBS on the update service.
This is a full time Support Worker role, working 37.5 hours per week, on a rota basis over 7 days.
Shifts cover 7 days a week (Mondays - Fridays shifts are 8am-2pm; 9-5 and 12-8pm. Saturday and Sunday shifts are 10-6)
The role is currently being recruited for on a permanent basis, so there is an excellent change of this becoming permanent.
If this Housing Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Housing Worker role, please send your CV lee . mc millan @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01 772 20 89 66 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Housing Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region