Housing Support Worker
Older People's Service
Bexhill on Sea
7 hours per week
3 month contract
One of the largest housing associations in the UK is recruiting for a Support Worker to support their Wellbeing Coordinator in Bexhill-on-Sea with engaging service users in regular activities
The Support Worker plays a vital role in assisting the Wellbeing Co-ordinator with various activities, including cookery courses, lunch clubs, and one-off projects.
This will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Support with Cookery Course: Moving tables, chairs, and equipment and carrying equipment and shopping
- Support with Lunch Club: Making sandwiches, serving meals, washing up and general kitchen duties, as well as shopping for lunch club and setting up and arranging the room
- Help with One-off Projects and Courses and assisting with various activities as required
The working pattern for this Housing Support Worker role will vary based on specific projects, but will generally be based off the below schedule:
- Cookery Course: 1st & 3rd Monday of the month, 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
- Lunch Club: 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month, 10:00 AM - 1:30 PM
To be considered for this Housing Support Worker role, you will require previous housing support experience including:
- Safeguarding knowledge
- Valid driver's license and access to a car
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt to changing schedules and tasks.
- Good People Skills: Interpersonal skills for effective collaboration.
- Approachable and Friendly: Creating a positive and inclusive environment.
As the role is working with vulnerable individuals, you will also require an Enhanced DBS check.
This is a part time Housing Support Worker role, working on an initial 3 month contract, but has an excellent chance of being extended beyond this, or even potentially becoming permanent.
How to Apply
To apply for this Housing Support Worker role, please email a copy of your CV to lee . mcmillan @ servicecare . org. uk or call on 01772 208 966 to discuss the role in more detail!
If the role is more suited to someone you know, we offer a £250 referral bonus for every successfully referred candidate!