Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm (18.5 hours per week)
Purpose of the Job
To improve the lives of young people by providing direct housing-related support services, working collaboratively with Senior Support Workers, Assistant Support Workers, Team Managers, and external support agencies. The goal is to achieve successful move-ons and measurable outcomes for individuals or groups.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Offer creative and innovative supported opportunities for young people to enhance their quality of life and decision-making skills.
- Act as an individual 'Keyworker' to a group of identified young people, taking lead responsibility for coordinating and delivering support.
- Draw up and deliver support plans in coordination with young people and their Support Worker/Senior Support Worker.
- Assist colleagues in identifying needs and working toward positive outcomes for young people and their families.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers to empower and enable better outcomes for their children.
Housing and Property Management
- Undertake housing and property management tasks effectively in line with procedure and targets.
- Report routine property maintenance and damage promptly to maintenance staff, ensuring properties comply with our clients standards.
- Ensure flats are adequately equipped, furnished, and cleaned.
- Issue correct tenure and support agreements, ensuring compliance and taking appropriate action for non-compliance.
- Minimize void time by proactively re-letting properties in line with targets.
- Maximize rent collection, submit and maintain successful housing and welfare benefit claims, and take proactive action to minimize rent arrears.
- Promote, monitor, and maintain health, safety, and security in the working environment.
- Respond appropriately to complex and challenging behavior.
- Enhanced Disclosure Check required.
- Enhanced and Barred Disclosure Check required.
- Periodic Disclosure Checks required.
Top of Form
This is a temporary, Support worker role, 18.5 hours per week for an initial 3 months, covering the recruitment process for a permanent team member, meaning the role could be extended, or become permanent.
If this Temporary Support Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Support worker role , please send your CV mickey . stepans @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Support Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region.