One of the largest housing associations in the South East is recruiting for an experienced Supported Housing Officer to provide a comprehensive housing management service to people living within their supported housing properties across Essex, in order to maintain their independence and support them to maintain their tenancies.
This Supported Housing Officer role works across the Essex area, with residents within their private, housing association owned properties, focussing on their tenancy sustainment. The focus of the support needs of these particular residents, is Learning Disabilities.
In this Supported Housing Officer role you will work with residents with learning disabilities across your patch, helping them to sustain their tenancies, this will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- To ensure that rent is paid regularly and on time by monitoring rent payments and leading on the recovery of current and former resident arrears, including attending court / evictions
- To provide advice and assistance in relation to fulfilling tenancy conditions
- To ensure that properties are adequately maintained, including carrying out inspections on occupied and void properties
- To provide advice and assistance to tenants on how to use equipment in their own home and to maintain their own personal safety
- To offer advice and guidance on keeping the property to a reasonable standard of hygiene.
- Advise residents on all aspects of the system to ensure that they maximise their income.
- To participate in the setting of service charge budgets and ensure spending is within budgetary limits.
- To be responsible for void management of properties within designated patch.
- To deal promptly with any form of nuisance / anti-social behavior
- To be responsible for health & safety / site checks including fire safety management
- Coordinating and supervising repairs and or redecoration at the properties
- To encourage and actively promote tenant involvement. Setting up monthly meetings with residents
To be considered for this Supported Housing Officer role you will require previous experience working within housing management, including knowledge of tenancy sustainment, voids management etc.
As the service covers a patch in Essex, you must have be able to drive, with access to a vehicle for work.
Due to the nature of clients you will be supporting in this role, to apply you will require an enhanced DBS on the update service.
This is a full time, Supported Housing Officer role, working 37.5 hours per week on an initial 3 month contract, with a strong chance of extension or even becoming permanent.
If this Supported Housing Officer role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Supported Housing Officer role, please send your CV lee . mc millan @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01 772 20 89 66 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Supported Housing Officer role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region