Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a "Test and Transition Manager" to work for a police force in West Yorkshire on a permanent basis, please see the below job description and for more information contact Lewis Ashcroft on 01772 208962.
Salary: £42,597 - £48,048
Provide expertise and guidance on test and transition management ensuring all changes to IT services are effectively managed prior to release into the live ICT environment. The role interfaces directly with the change teams to ensure the successful adoption of test and transition practices successfully completed for agreed changes, ensuring that the deployed releases and the resulting services meet customer expectations, and verifies that IT operations department is able to support the new service.
Day to day
- To be responsible for ensuring all change projects and programmes develop appropriate test and transition management plans in collaboration with the operating business unit(s), delivery managers and internal and external stakeholders to address the identified impacts for all change initiatives in preparation for release.
- To work with Business Engagement Team to identify stakeholders and define the management approach to ensure on-going stakeholder engagement and buy-in to change initiatives.
- To prepare the training needs analysis and develop the training approach to meet the stated needs. Digital Services - Test and Transition Manager - May 2021 2
- To coach and mentor any stakeholders involved or connected to the test and transition practices, assuring the readiness of the business for change and identify associated risks and issues.
- To ensure all key post holders defined in the test and transition strategy and plan are aware of their accountabilities in the change lifecycle.
- To develop the test and transition management practices and capability within Digital Services. 7. To work with the Solution Delivery and Change Teams to ensure appropriate training is provided to all necessary to operate in the new environment.
- To provide assurance, coaching and mentoring to build a competent workforce capable of good practice test and transition activities.
- To provide detailed Service Transition performance review for changes initiatives with the internal and external stakeholders/management.
- To proactively and effectively manage transition risks and issues.
- To take individual responsibility for fully understanding, and acting upon, situations that require the pursuit of purpose over process.
- To represent effectively and promote the reputation of Digital Services at various meetings and groups both internally and externally, including the development of appropriate and constructive partnerships with relevant organisations and areas of the force.
- To delegate for the Change and Release Manager as required.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
This role is commutable from Kidderminster, Birmingham, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Hereford, Malvern, Ledbury, Evesham, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Bewdley, Droitwich Spa and Pershore and is just off junction 6 of the M5.
We are also happy to talk flexible working where it is suitable for the role. Operational demand requires on site support. However it is expected that onsite working will only be 2 of the 5 days per week.