A client within the Public Sector based in West Yorkshire is currently recruiting for a Water Hygiene Officer to join their team as soon as possible. The client is offering a full time, position on a fixed-term contract basis with the ideal candidate having experience of working within a local authority within a compliance environment.
Key purpose of the role is to work within a team of gas business partners, and administrators in the delivery of a high performing service that meets statutory and regulatory requirements.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Day to day oversight and control of water hygiene (legionella) risk assessment and service & monitoring contracts to ensure full compliance and governance within water hygiene (legionella) legislation, and policies.
- manage the legionella risk assessment programme in accordance with the Water Hygiene Policy and to ensure all risk assessments remain up to date.
- To work with the Head of Service to identify all shared water systems across the portfolio and arrange for a risk assessment to be carried out where sources of risk are identified and to ensure they remain up to date.
To be considered for this role you will require City & Guilds, or equivalent, legionella risk assessment qualification and a full driving licence valid in the UK.
The below skills would be beneficial for the role:
- Demonstrable and proven experience of working in a risk based environment demonstrating an excellent level of competence.
- Demonstrable experience in carrying out Water Hygiene (Legionella) and general risk assessments demonstrating a good level of competency with a minimum of 2-years' experience.
- Have a detailed knowledge of current legislation and best practice in the specialist areas of legionella control and water services i.e., COSSH, ACoPL8 & HSG 274 Parts 1-3.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £38,000 p/a.
How to Apply
If this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Amy at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967 to discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this role is not of interest to you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as we cover all construction-related vacancies across the region.
If this role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them. If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
Back to Job Search