Children's Support Worker needed with Hampshire County Council based in Southampton
Start Date- ASAP
Location - Southampton
Duration - Initially 3 months
Hours per week - 37 hours per week (Shifts on a rota basis)
Salary - £17.78 an hour
- To help young people feel safe and emotionally contained, enabling them to begin to build trusting relationships with adults and other young people
- A secure unit for youths with challenging behaviour and are at the home on welfare basis
- Capacity for 16 - all have their own secure room, bed, TV unit/digital packages etc.
- Attend and contribute to meetings relating to the child, representing the views of the child and the home
- Ensure you respond to the health needs of the children
- Shifts (mixture of early, late and sleep in) - 7.30am - 3.15pm; 2pm - 10.30pm and sleep in shifts
What is required?
- Level 3 Qualification in childcare
- 3 day First Aid course
- Experience of at least 6 months with working with children and adolescence
- Experience in restraint training
- Team teach or equivalent
- Level 2 food hygiene
If you are interested please call Jemma Molloy on 01772 208964 or email me your CV - firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role isn't right for you, but you know someone who would fit perfectly to our engaged and devoted team and you refer them, you will receive a referral bonus of £250.
The benefits of working with SCS;
* A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
* Exceptional referral bonuses - £250 per referral placed in to work!
* An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
* Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
* Payroll service twice a week.
* Ltd and PAYE payment options available.
* Annual training budget of up to £250 and continued online CPD training.
* Excellent Annual Loyalty schemes / bonuses.
* DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.