Service Care Legal are currently working alongside a West Midlands Council which is in need of a Lawyer to join their Debt Recovery team. Please find below further details of the role below.
ROLE: Lawyer - Debt Recovery
LOCATION: West Midlands - remote and hybrid options available
RATE: £40-£45ph LTD
CONTRACT: 3 months ongoing
- Provide a comprehensive debt recovery service to the Council handling a wide range of highly complex commercial, contractual, consumer and statutory debt recovery cases with minimal supervision, on behalf of all of the Council's Directorates
- Undertake enforcement proceedings against Judgement Debtors.
- To assist with the development of an electronic case management system and the drafting of debt recovery policies and procedures
- At least 3 years' PQE in Debt Recovery Law, ideally at Local Authority level
- Previous working experience within a local authority would be hugely advantageous for this role
- Someone with strong drafting and advocacy skills is essential
- Strong working understanding of the Civil Procedure rules
If this is an opportunity of interest for you or someone you know, please feel free to reach out to Hugh Barnes on 01772 208969 or email Hugh.Barnes@servicecare.org.uk.
We also offer £250 for each successful referral, so please get in touch if there is anyone else you know who is looking!